AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ] 
 ITunes and Swapping Drives. 
Message Author

Postby djmenow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Ok I have read up on this but just want to make sure I do the right thing before I delete stuff.

I have a HD that is partitioned 10GB set to C Drive and 90GB set to E Drive.

Originally I have put ITunes to C Drive and have started uploading all my music and CDs which is going to take a while and space as I have over 1000 Cds. No I am nearly out of space on the C Drive and want to move ITunes to my EDrive so I can get space back but continue to upload my music to E Drive and update my ipods from my Edrive.

I have copied 10000 songs thus far to my EDrive (but not in Itunes and kept the same songs in the Itunes in C Drive just in case).

Anyone can assist me step by step on how to safely transfer Itunes and the library from my C to E Drive without losing my music?

Ned Flanders

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Postby wolverine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:53 am

Many many moons ago when I was helping someone with iTunes, from memory you should be able to add songs on your E drive to the library, then delete songs from C drive from the said library. Chances are when you connect you ipod it will resync all the songs but that's a small price to pay.

Of course, if this theory works, you should be able to remove all your songs from the library (C drive), then add songs on E drive into your library. That way you don't have to pick through songs one by one to find ones that are on C drive.

Or I could be completely wrong as iTunes has got a lot more complex since the version I played with was released.

Capo Bastone

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:53 am

Postby atefooterz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am

Is it the media player, that will say yay or nay initially? Once copied i would try deleting only 1 file, from C, restart then allow an internet connection then play via your normal player (quicktime?) If you find that once deleted that file is void then that makes life misrable for space & more music. I am on my 3rd apple mac product free PC in 7 years & they play stuff well, but in recent times even windows is getting fussy playing unidentified stuff of drives burned on the other puter or ripped from a record lol!itunes killed my first capping puter with wanting to verify. investigate everything i was doing= ugggh After that was removed it kept finding ways to try & get me to reinstal it. This means i do not & will not have an instagram account ffs haha!

Santa's Little Helper

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic 
 [ 3 posts ]