AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 73 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Same sex marriage vote 

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 122 ]
No 31%  31%  [ 54 ]
Total votes : 176

Same sex marriage vote 
Message Author

Postby fya69 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Yes or No... who give a shite..... In todays age you are entitled to love anyone/anything, get over people.

This whole thing doses not matter one bit, as the this should have been legally binding as part of an election. $122Million down the fricken drain I say as we are going to have to do it all again for the Federal election in 2019, if not earlier.

I vote Kim Jong-un will nuke the crap out of us all, well before this bullshite is sorted.

Jimbo Jones

Location: In bed.... with your Sister, Mother, Aunt & Grandma.
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 pm

It is very telling, I think, that people here who believe they are arguing the case for NO without prejudice would do so by using terms like 'LGBTQI alphabet,' 'natural anomaly,' etc., and genuinely cannot seem to be able to see the issue with that. It never ceases to astonish and sadden me how much effort people will spend arguing discrimination to be a more moral option. But peoples core beliefs seldom change, so there really is no point in arguing with them. I don't concern myself about it terribly because, as all past opinion polls have indicated, most Australians do support marriage equality. I believe that will be proven, once again, by the plebiscite; the government will have no more excuses left to reject or defer it, and the minority who are against it are just going to have to deal with it. It is a pity that $120 of public money had to be spent just to humiliate the LGBTIQ community first but, like all things, it will soon be in the past...

Ned Flanders

Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Postby thebatdude » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:16 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
It is very telling, I think, that people here who believe they are arguing the case for NO without prejudice would do so by using terms like 'LGBTQI alphabet,' 'natural anomaly,' etc., and genuinely cannot seem to be able to see the issue with that. It never ceases to astonish and sadden me how much effort people will spend arguing discrimination to be a more moral option. But peoples core beliefs seldom change, so there really is no point in arguing with them. I don't concern myself about it terribly because, as all past opinion polls have indicated, most Australians do support marriage equality. I believe that will be proven, once again, by the plebiscite; the government will have no more excuses left to reject or defer it, and the minority who are against it are just going to have to deal with it. It is a pity that $120 of public money had to be spent just to humiliate the LGBTIQ community first but, like all things, it will soon be in the past...

Now there’s some common sense from a decent human being right there...

Elizabeth Hoover

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:14 pm

SKaVeN wrote:

I respected the outcome of the election, one party was for, one was against. I didn't vote LNP, I voted for a party that supported same sex marriage actually, but not because of that, because I supported the balance of their policies. If others respected the election, or used their next election vote to support SSM, then great. But a minority group sooked up, so this is the result.

The reality of polls like this are that 1/4 genuinely support the change, 1/4 genuinely oppose the change, and 1/4 feel they have to support the change because they'll be demonised otherwise (eg. the girl who got sacked because she intended to vote no), and 1/4 couldn't give a fuck either way (undecided voters).

It's an undeniable natural fact that the default attraction state of sentient beings is opposite sex attraction for purposes of procreation. Most countries that allow same-sex marriage have had to develop additional specific laws post-implementation due to the complexities of children in same-sex relationships. If it is just about love, well that's already OK - it's not illegal to be gay or in a same-sex relationship.

Generally speaking:
Those in the YES camp are focused on the "love is love" or "none of my business" view.
Those in the NO camp are focused on either "don't tell me what to think", "stop pandering to the left", or "marriage is for a family, and a family starts with a man and a woman" view.

Anyway, doing circles here. I'll vote my way, you vote yours. If (when) the yes vote gets up, i won't demand a recount because I didn't get my way - like the YES camp have following the last election.

One last question, if by some miracle the NO vote gets up, will you all stop having hissy fits?

Martin Prince

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Postby SKaVeN » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Well, speaking for myself, I've never had a "hissy fit" but, if what you mean by that is, will I continue to support their cause, then the answer is yes.

Ned Flanders

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Postby HIPPYD » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 pm

It's an undeniable natural fact that homosexuality exists throughout nature. Opposite sex marriage is 100% responsible for creating all these gays :P and the 50% divorce rate isn't marvelous either Sanctity of marriage my arse :lol:

Judge Roy Snyder

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 pm

Postby legman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:42 pm

The next generation will not know what hit them, its going against human nature, they will be totally confused, how can that be a good thing.
This is a gamble and any parent should not gamble with the unknown.
The LGBQI alphabet community don't care of consequences, its all about them.

Jimbo Jones

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 pm

HIPPYD wrote:
It's an undeniable natural fact that homosexuality exists throughout nature. Opposite sex marriage is 100% responsible for creating all these gays :P and the 50% divorce rate isn't marvelous either Sanctity of marriage my arse :lol:

As does infanticide, raping the young of other species, eating the head of the (opposite sex) mate etc.
I look forward to the legislation updates...(not serious of course)

Give me a species where two of the same gender can have intercourse and create life?
My guess is that there may be somewhere between 0 and 0, but happy to be corrected on that.

As i've said earlier, I think the rules on marriage should be stricter, criminal tests, minimum relationship duration, etc.

Martin Prince

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Postby HIPPYD » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

There's no clause in the marriage act that says you must procreate.

Judge Roy Snyder

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Postby pce229073 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 am

Saw this on face book by a guy called Gerard Kelly.
Its vey funny but pretty well spot on.
It's time for change to continue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Religious people who have been messaging me to vote NO for Marriage Equality.
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Kiwi's, but not Indonesians, Can you clarify? Why can't I own Indonesians ?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.#myvotesyes#loveislove

Carl Carlson

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 73 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next