AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 10 posts ] 
 Traditional families 
Message Author

Postby phunkyfeelone » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm

She ( Carrie Bickmore ) needs to understand the definition of non-traditional...
Her son was born to her former partner, who passed away. That is\was a traditional partnership.
She now has a new partner, she is not a 'single mother' like she makes out.

What Bernardi was referring to was:
- Single parents who use IVF to have a child
- Gay couples\singles who use IVF to have a child
- Women who get abortions after unprotected sex

He does NOT refer to, nor intend to include:
- Abortion as a result of sexual assault (there are not 60,000+ sexual assaults resulting in pregnancy, therefore he is right in saying it's used as birth control)
- IVF for a male\female couple who cannot naturally conceive

Male has penis, female has vagina. They are reproductive organs, not an entertainment toy. We seem to forget that.
Unless you put one with the other, a child should not\cannot be made.
Nothing to do with religion, it's nature.

May not be the place for this discussion, but she is very narrow minded in her understanding, but will gain cred with The Project audience who can't form opinions of their own, instead following opinion like sheep :sheep:

Martin Prince

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Postby atefooterz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
narly wrote:

- Abortion as a result of sexual assault (there are not 60,000+ sexual assaults resulting in pregnancy, therefore he is right in saying it's used as birth control)
following opinion like sheep :sheep:

The reality of 1 in 4 Females are assaulted most figures show 1 in 7 being raped, many cases & examples as to why most are not reported. So Aussie population of reproductive females is approx 6.5 million so nation wide 60k is not out of the question. The other issue is background of those seeking abortion & stats may show many are from homes with no sex education and parental control stopping access to birth control but not horny relatives who impregnate.

Here is hoping we get many more bernardies to run for politics or we be doomed as a civillised place of warship and behind closed doors freakazoid behavior.

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Laxative Effect » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm

narly wrote:
Anyway , back to Carrie and her bickmores Image

I really want to get started on this now.. but ok

Larry Burns

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Postby phunkyfeelone » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 pm

phunkyfeelone wrote:
She needs to understand the definition of non-traditional...
Her son was born to her former partner, who passed away. That is\was a traditional partnership.
She now has a new partner, she is not a 'single mother' like she makes out.

What Bernardi was referring to was:
- Single parents who use IVF to have a child
- Gay couples\singles who use IVF to have a child
- Women who get abortions after unprotected sex

He does NOT refer to, nor intend to include:
- IVF for a male\female couple who cannot naturally conceive

Male has penis, female has vagina. They are reproductive organs, not an entertainment toy. We seem to forget that.
Unless you put one with the other, a child should not\cannot be made.
Nothing to do with religion, it's nature.

May not be the place for this discussion, but she is very narrow minded in her understanding, but will gain cred with The Project audience who can't form opinions of their own, instead following opinion like sheep :sheep:

Go for it, sensible opinions with no inflammatory or offensive attacks welcome (both sides)

Martin Prince

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Postby atefooterz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:06 pm

The fun part will be seeing what bernardi gets from the guvmint. In NSW his fellow rite2 lyfer got lucky with tight numbers so in exchange for a land sale of Newcastle Port land to "a business conglomerate" The Festival of Light got their restrictive abortion bill passed.

Santa's Little Helper

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:06 pm
Profile WWW

Postby Macc » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

The Medicare item number for abortion includes post-miscarriage removal of foetal tissue. It is not possible to tell what proportion of procedures are terminations and what proportion are post-miscarriage procedures. Not even Medicare knows this. Claiming that every procedure not a result of sexual assault is an "abortion" is factually incorrect.

There are also medically necessary abortions which are not birth control or a result of sexual assault. I know this because Mrs Macc (and she knows I am posting this) had one 18 months after our second child was born. There were two placentas but no foetal tissue. She had to have them removed to prevent her bleeding to death. However the Medicare item number was the same as if she had a viable foetus aborted.

On a lighter note, saying that genitals are not entertainment toys given your profile pic says "time to fap" was a real hoot. Best laugh I've had all day.

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Postby atefooterz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:50 pm

I do not understand why this topic was locked? It has been deliberatly put in this area for discussion & posts moved from the original picture / peep thread . :roll:

Santa's Little Helper

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Postby phunkyfeelone » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Macc wrote:
The Medicare item number for abortion includes post-miscarriage removal of foetal tissue. It is not possible to tell what proportion of procedures are terminations and what proportion are post-miscarriage procedures. Not even Medicare knows this. Claiming that every procedure not a result of sexual assault is an "abortion" is factually incorrect.

There are also medically necessary abortions which are not birth control or a result of sexual assault. I know this because Mrs Macc (and she knows I am posting this) had one 18 months after our second child was born. There were two placentas but no foetal tissue. She had to have them removed to prevent her bleeding to death. However the Medicare item number was the same as if she had a viable foetus aborted.

On a lighter note, saying that genitals are not entertainment toys given your profile pic says "time to fap" was a real hoot. Best laugh I've had all day.

In the interests of brevity, I omitted other categories such as medically necessary abortions. As the uncle of a baby who died at 6 weeks, several miscarriages after that, then finally an IVF niece, I have some idea (but not the personal experience as macc has had). Myself and my gf are looking to start a family this year (both age 39), so i'm being challenged on my IVF stance ATM. Probably why this has triggered my interest. The other question being discussed is abortion where the baby is less than healthy.

As you mentioned, it seems the stats are very sketchy. There would be an element of abortions as a result of "loose relationships", may not be the majority as suggested by the politician, but exists nonetheless.

Self-abuse is not an offense, and the last I checked I can't collect the baby bonus or child support for a pile of used tissues :lol:

Martin Prince

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Postby atefooterz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 am

POLL
Do you agree with Cory Bernardi's comments on "non-traditional" families?

VOTE: https://polldaddy.com/poll/7698641/?s=twitter

Santa's Little Helper

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 am
Profile WWW

Postby HumphreyBBear » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 am

Bernardi is not just talking about abortion. He is talking about imposing his values and morality on your lives.

Just remember that when you apply to marry your sheep. :sheep:

Otto Man

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 10 posts ]