[ 33 posts ] 
 The Election 2010 thread 
Message Author

Postby xencaps » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:27 am

independents holding the balance of power is fuckin' awesome
there should be more of it
in fact, everyone should vote independent
that'd fuck 'em

governments function much better when they are held accountable by non-partisan peers
when they are forced to cut the bullshit spin we’re all so sick of and actually get something substantial done

its times like these our great democracy shines

Judge Roy Snyder

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:27 am
Profile WWW

Postby modecko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 am

Hi Arg.

Sorry I haven't visited the Kingdom for a long time now. Really busy and have been away a lot. You know it's this terrible economy Labor created where I have so much work I can barely keep up and the company's main problem is carefully managing expansion. Strange though because during Howard's reign we came very close to shutting down.

I'm with xen, I reckon this is a great outcome and note the lies the Lieberals keep going on about it being a fantastic outcome for them. Minchin repeated it on Q & A as the Coalition causing the biggest upset in 71 years all due to Abbott. I'll leave the MSM and their role out of this, and it's significant and being rightly heavily criticised across the internet, but the wingnuts have it completely wrong. Australia shifted left at this election. The Coalition only got a 1.5% swing and that is not large for oppositions as far as end of first term elections go. The greatest swing went to the Greens, 4% and the independents more than swamping the Coalition.

The Coalition, as they have done for a while, are running around in an alternate reality. I also see that it took all of a microsecond for kinder gentler Abbott and the wingnuts to revert back to snarling bullies. So much for all the times he said he'd changed and to forget his past, he's still a mad monk and Australia only just dodged a bullet when they didn't get him elected.

Judge Roy Snyder

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 am

Postby RustyNail » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 am

A good one eyed comment and not whilst not wrong you are completely bias leaving out the massive failure of Labor and why Australia swung right away from them. In a nutshell, they cannot do the job and the people do not have confidence in them (clearly).

Massive. But noooooo... you don't tell the truth about it all huh? How typical... hahaa!
If you are going to write a wrap-up, talk about the most obvious failure and not a single one-eyed view to protect your own beliefs. Maxine McKew said it in a nutshell really, but not even you can admit it. :roll: :ohyes:

Jimbo Jones

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 am
Reply to topic 
 [ 33 posts ]