AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic 
 [ 16 posts ] 
 Kevin Seven out by Eleven 
Message Author

Postby RustyNail » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Can't wait to see the smug fuck-wit Rudd's back. Sick of his smug, arrogant comments. Especially after the mining tax shit and that reply on camera, "Let me tell you mate...". Bahahaa. What a pathetic excuse for a leader. It doesn't matter who takes over, they are useless anyway.

Jimbo Jones

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Postby Macc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 am

Rudd can still remain Prime Minister if Abbott draws with Gillard and Barnaby scores at least 3 goals. Hang on, I'm confused now....

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:37 am

Postby HumphreyBBear » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 am

RustyNail wrote:
It doesn't matter who takes over, they are useless anyway.

Let me guess: You are a swinging voter; am I right? (or is that left from your point of view) :lol:

I will not miss Krudd (assuming he gets spilled), but from your comment above, one can only conclude that you must be all for the "mad monk". More power to you and our impending Theocracy. :bow:

Otto Man

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 am

Postby Macc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 am

BP public relations pleased that there is a major spill happening they are not responsible for.

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 am

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:23 am

I remember saying here somewhere before the ALP even got elected that, even though Gillard is saying she's behind Rudd all the way, I bet she's already been to Le Cornu's to pick out curtains & furniture for the Lodge.

I also said that, had they had her as leader, they probably would've won by even more votes. Half the voters are female & among them would be quite a few feminists that have been waiting for the chance to vote for a female PM. Putting a candidate for the country's first female PM seems to have been just the tonic to victory in other English-speaking nations.

Rudd drop in popularity only proves how much people hate politicians who are smarmy. Gillard comes across as more of a straight-shooter (well, as much as one could expect from a politician). And let's face it - the best person to lead this country is an Adelaidean!

Anyway, it doesn't matter who will win the leadership challenge because, either way, Rudd loses.

Ned Flanders

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:23 am

Postby RustyNail » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am

Humphrey - No.. I am not a swinging voter. I am saying doesn't matter who in Labor leads. They are garbage and all as bad as each other.

Labor Spends, Liberals Mend. If you argue with that, read your history.

PS, while I am more than literate enough to understand what you write, keep it simple for the other folk.

Jimbo Jones

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am

Postby kirkbright » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 am

I'll never forget Billy Connolly's statement "the very desire to become a politician should preclude you from ever being one . . . Don't vote! It only encourages them".

There are many things I don't understand about politics versus government.

The main one is why, in a period of burgeoning technology and communications infrastructure, we're still relying on a system (the Westminster system) that has experienced little change in 178 years.

Isn't this the core of any future reform? We seem to spend so much time, money and effort in fiddling around the perimeter of the problem that we don't even consider the centre of this problematic circle.

Is it not possible to break the cycle of the two or three party system? To break down the 'party' political system altogether and give the real power directly to the electorate?

Seems to me that we're asked to vote for personalities, egos and ideas rather than policies and people's wishes.

Just an idea but, based on current and future technologies, can there come a time when critical issues of national and international policy are determined by instant electronic referendum rather than the will and whim of any governing 'party' or person? A time without politicians in their current form, just managers or administrators following the specific wishes of the electorate?

It seems to me that the events of the past couple of days which have been described by the new PM as 'in the national interest' are more to do with self interest and the interest of the factions and unions. Time will tell.

Carl Carlson

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 am

Postby SKaVeN » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I've always been in favour of scrapping the state governments & having an equally representative federal government (i.e. an equal number of members from each state & the NT). I think we're over-governed. Why would a country of only 21m need seven ministers & departments for Health, Education, etc.? We still need our district councils but is there really anything done on a state level that couldn't be done on a federal level? Apart from fighting with each other over the Murray Basin system & so on...

Ned Flanders

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Postby RustyNail » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
We still need our district councils but is there really anything done on a state level that couldn't be done on a federal level? Apart from fighting with each other over the Murray Basin system & so on...
Not to forget keeping ICAC busy by providing ongoing employment for their team(s). C'mon, we'd lose that important part of State Governments and that just cannot happen... LoL! :D

Jimbo Jones

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Postby Macc » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm

SKaVeN wrote:
I've always been in favour of scrapping the state governments

Hold it right there. Australia is a federation. The Commonwealth exists because of the states, not the other way around.

Milhouse Van Houten

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 16 posts ]