AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 518 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 This Mortal Coil 
Message Author

Postby Macc » Thu May 25, 2023 11:06 am

Tina Turner, resilient singer hailed as the ‘Queen of Rock and Roll,’ dies at 83

Tina Turner, the dynamic rock and soul singer who rose from humble beginnings and overcame a notoriously abusive marriage to become one of the most popular female artists of all time, has died, her family announced in a statement. She was 83.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/24/ente ... index.html

Milhouse Van Houten

Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Thu May 25, 2023 11:06 am

Postby djmenow » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:30 pm

Loved Kingswood Country even though you couldnt get away with 99% of the jokes now.

Quote:
Veteran actress Judi Farr, best known for Please Like Me, Kingswood Country, A Place to Call Home and My Name’s McGooley What’s Yours? has died aged 84.

Farr enjoyed a long career across stage and screen.

Her career included productions with Sydney Theatre Company, Queensland Theatre Company, Marian Street Theatre, Old Tote Theatre Company, with films including Oscar and Lucinda, Flirting and Walking on Water.

Her early television roles in the 1960s included both My Name’s McGooley What’s Yours? and Rita and Wally alongside John Mellion whom she recalled as “a great actor.” In the 1970s she had a recurring role in Number 96 and famously performed alongside Ross Higgins in Kingswood Country.

Ned Flanders

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:30 pm

Postby Armac25 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:16 pm

djmenow wrote:
Loved Kingswood Country even though you couldnt get away with 99% of the jokes now.

Quote:
Veteran actress Judi Farr, best known for Please Like Me, Kingswood Country, A Place to Call Home and My Name’s McGooley What’s Yours? has died aged 84.

Farr enjoyed a long career across stage and screen.

Her career included productions with Sydney Theatre Company, Queensland Theatre Company, Marian Street Theatre, Old Tote Theatre Company, with films including Oscar and Lucinda, Flirting and Walking on Water.

Her early television roles in the 1960s included both My Name’s McGooley What’s Yours? and Rita and Wally alongside John Mellion whom she recalled as “a great actor.” In the 1970s she had a recurring role in Number 96 and famously performed alongside Ross Higgins in Kingswood Country.

“Money on the fridge wog…”
“Bloody nuns, should run them all over”

Todd Flanders

Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:16 pm

Postby djmenow » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:58 pm

Quote:
Legendary broadcaster and talk show host Sir Michael Parkinson has died aged 88.

Sir Michael, who was known as ‘Parky’ to friends, racked up some 2000 interviews during his storied career.

He interviewed some of the most famous names in the world throughout his career, including Mohammad Ali, John Lennon, Billy Connolly, Helen Mirren, Orson Welles, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, and more.

A statement from his family says: “After a brief illness Sir Michael Parkinson passed away peacefully at home last night in the company of his family.”

“The family request that they are given privacy and time to grieve.”

Ned Flanders

Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:58 pm

Postby Macc » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:32 pm

Ron Barassi, AFL legend and premiership player and coach, dies aged 87

AFL legend Ron Barassi, who won 10 premierships as a player and coach, has passed away aged 87.

His family announced his death on Saturday afternoon, saying Barassi had died after a fall.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-16/ ... /102865272

Milhouse Van Houten

Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:32 pm

Postby Macc » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:15 pm

Harry Potter actor Sir Michael Gambon dies aged 82

The actor Sir Michael Gambon has died in hospital aged 82, his family say.

He was best known for playing Professor Albus Dumbledore in six of the eight Harry Potter films.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66949848

Milhouse Van Houten

Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:15 pm

Postby Macc » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:02 pm

Comedian Cal Wilson dies, aged 53

Stand-up comedian, writer and actor Cal Wilson has died, aged 53, her agency said today.

In a statement released on Wednesday morning, Token Artists said: “We are devastated to share the news that Cal Wilson, the much-loved stand up comedian, writer and actor died today, surrounded by family and friends after a short illness at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. She was 53 years old.”

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/comedy/c ... 5ebdy.html

Milhouse Van Houten

Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:02 pm

Postby djmenow » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:28 pm

Quote:
Jeniene Mapp-Testa, the children's television host best known for her role on Saturday Disney in the 90s, has died.

The media personality passed away last week after ongoing dialysis treatment.

Mapp-Testa was an original host of Saturday Disney from 1990 alongside James Sherry and Sofie Formica.

She worked with Disney Australia for 14 years before launching Disney Channel in Australia, hosting Studio D and Playhouse Disney from 1997 to 2003.

Fellow television host Shelley Craft shared a tribute to the star via social media on Sunday.

Craft took over Mapp-Testa's hosting duties on Saturday Disney in 1996.

'This week saw the passing of Jeniene Mapp Testa. One of the OG Disney hosts in Australia,' she captioned her post.

The media personality passed away last week after ongoing dialysis treatment

'An incredible bright light and a young girl that gave her all, entertaining kids every Saturday Morning for many many years. I did my best to step in Jeniene's shoes in my first TV job on Saturday Disney but I knew it was going to be a nammoth task.'

Craft continued: 'Jeniene supported me so kindly and helped me navigate the world of Aussie showbiz. Our paths have crossed over the last 20 odd years, we always felt like we were Disney family forever.

'My heart breaks for your family. Your larger than life personality, your ability to make everyone around you feel special, your incredible 1000watt smile.

'Rest in Peace beautiful lady,' she concluded.

Lisa Cakar (née Barry), another former Saturday Disney host, also shared a tribute.

'I said goodbye to you this week, said all the things I wanted to say … I hope you heard me,' she wrote to Instagram on Saturday.

'I hope you heard me say "Thank you for the friendship, memories, and lessons you shared with me. I wish I had seen you more. I hope you know how loved you are and the impact your passing has had on so many…. It’s not goodbye it’s…..until our souls reconnect again".'

Ned Flanders

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:28 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 518 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52