AusCelebs Forums

View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:01 am

Reply to topic 
 [ 22 posts ] 
 Quitting Smoking 
Message Author

Postby SKaVeN » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Four years, eight months & two weeks since my last smoke & I was confronted with my first real temptation for quite some time on the weekend.

I went to a friend's birthday party (the director of the show I'm currently rehearsing) & was the one of the last ones to leave. It was decided it was time for the single malt scotch & cigars & I decided that would be an opportune to to take my leave but the host & birthday boy talked me into staying.

We were outside on a warm night, the smell of burning Cuban cigars around me, I held one for a while, sniffed it, thougyt about it, but after deliberating for several minutes, placed it back in the cigar box.

I understand smoking a cigar is not like smoking a cigarette but didn't want to take the chance... :smoke:

Ned Flanders

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Postby UpOver » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:37 pm

bullwinkle wrote:
Skavie, it's emphysema. I had an uncle die of it about 10 years ago.

I was at a conference a couple of months ago, and a fella in his 50's kept popping these tablets/capsules into his mouth. At smoko(!!) I asked him if he had a cold. "Nah, they're nicobate. I gave up smoking 8 years ago, and now I'm addicted to 'em."

Haha, I quit smoking about 8 years ago and I"m still chewing Nicorette. I love the taste of it (tastes sweet to me). :lol:

Monty Burns

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:37 pm
Reply to topic 
 [ 22 posts ]